Monday, November 19, 2007

Stitch-Sampler Baby Blocks

I'm afraid I lied when I said I was going to cast on Foliage. I haven't yet. (I'm thinking it will be my take-to-Thanksgiving Day project, so I won't be a liar much longer.)

I've been working on the Sampler-Stitch Baby Blocks. I love how fast each square knits up and I love the colors I'm working with. I've only got three squares left to knit, although when I took these pictures this afternoon, I had 31 of 36 done:


Gotta love Cascade 220.

Pattern: Stitch-Sampler Baby Blocks
by Melanie Falick and Kristin Nicholas
From Knitting for Baby



Mods: using worsted weight yarn, so I cast on 18 stitches to make 3 inches. I'm using double seed instead of single, figured my own basketweave dimensions, and chose the lattice pattern out of Harmony Guides to replace the single rib.

I expect to blocking and starting to sew up over the holiday weekend. Now I just have to figure out how to stuff the blocks - with something safe for baby to chew on.