Thursday, February 14, 2008

Shetland Triangle

I've had a lot of fun working on the Shetland Triangle by Evelyn A. Clark this past week. After the seven months it took me to knit the Kimono Shawl, this one just flew.



After three days of knitting at a retreat with friends, I was almost ready for the edging per the pattern - and my yarn is a bit thicker and my needles a size larger than the pattern calls for - but a little bit of measuring convinced me it was too small. So I kept on knitting.



Today, after finishing 10 repeats (the pattern calls for 8) I put the live stitches on some waste yarn and tried it on. Still too small for my broad shoulders. I think I need another two repeats. Luckily, I had way more yarn than I thought I would need, so I expect to have enough.



And tomorrow I'll be at Madrona taking a "Designing Lace Triangles" class from Evelyn herself! I'll be wearing the Kimono, just in case any of my readers happen to be there too - please say hello!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the gorgeous natural color of this! Have fun at Madrona!

The Kelly Green Rogue said...

ooooh! It looks great!