Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Falling Leaves

I'm about halfway through the Falling Leaves Shawl.



Pattern: Falling Leaves Shawl by Katy Wight
Yarn: Berroco Ultra Alpaca in Oceanic Heather
Needles: US 7 / 4.5 mm Knit Picks Options

I did end up frogging (link to story about why) and starting over so that I could cast on the correct number of stitches. Third times' a charm, because it's going just dandy now.



I've finished 18 repeats, which is halfway through the pattern. However, I've only used about 40% of the yarn. I love this yarn too, the wool adds a nice structure to the alpaca and the worsted weight knits up quickly. My original intent was to use all of the yarn I purchased, but maybe I have enough for a shawl and a hat too. I'm just going to keep enjoying my knitting and figure that out when I'm further along.

3 comments:

Happily Knit said...

Beautiful! I love that color :)

Anonymous said...

I am in love with the color, very luscious!

The Kelly Green Rogue said...

I just love the color of yarn you're using! It's gorgeous!