Monday, July 2, 2007

Knit Picks Score

More yarn arrived.


Gloss fingering weight yarn, 70% merino and 30% silk, in Burgundy


Alpaca Cloud lace weight yarn, 100% alpaca, in Iris Heather


Shadow lace weight 100% merino in Vineyard and Sunset Heathers

I balled up four skeins of the Burgandy. This may sound weird, but it smells good. I think it's the silk.



I love my ball winder.

I cast on and knit a swatch.


Kimono Shawl from Cheryl Oberle's Folk Shawls. If this looks familiar, that's because I tried it once already in a different yarn - only to realize I did not have near enough of the gray alpaca to make a shawl.

I knit the upper half in US size 6 needles, the lower half in US size 5 needles. I'm not sure I can see the difference, but I'd love opinions on which size needles to use.

4 comments:

katiejayinpa said...

I like this color and yarn the best....the yarn change really makes the lace stitch front and center...and the color somehow fits it.

Kristine said...

I like this yarn and color more than the last swatches in black and grey. I keep trying different patterns in Folk Shawls -- but have been unsuccessful. However, your swatches look great.

Karla said...

I love my ball winder too, to the point where I only want to buy yarn in hanks so I can use it all the time!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful yarn! I like how the swatch looks.