Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Candy Baby Hats

I picked up some multi-colored, mostly cotton yarn to make a matching set of hats for a co-worker expecting twins.

Lollipop Hat

Pattern: One Skein Candy Baby Hat by Artful Yarns (on ball band of yarn)
Yarn: Artful Yarns Candy in the Lollipop colorway (9366)
Needles: US 6 / 4.0 mm
On Ravelry

Lollipop Hats

Interestingly, the pattern is to knit it flat and then seam up the hat when done. I have to admit I didn't realize this - I mean, who would knit a stockinette hat flat? - and I thought it was just the little cord at the top that was knit flat. In any case, I knit it in the round, and finished with an i-cord rather than the nine-stitches-wide top flap per the pattern.

My co-worker was very happy with them, and now has three-month-old twins, a girl and a boy, so I'd say it was a success all around.


Tawn said...

Hello. Would you have the instructions for the Candy Baby Hat?

Anonymous said...

how many stitches did you work your icord. Did you stay with 9?

I was well into my hat when I realized it wasn't to be knitted in the round.