Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Verona Shawl

For Project Spectrum Cardinal Directions North, and because a lot of stockinette stitch was very appealing to my grad-school-full brain, I knit up a Verona Shawl.

Texture Shoulder Curve

Pattern: Verona Shawl by Morehouse Merino Originals
Yarn: Morehouse Merino Lace in Hemlock colorway
Needles: US 9 / 5.5 mm
On Ravelry

Verona Shawl

It really was just what I needed. I could knit in class, while reading, when I was writing papers and needed and "thinking break." I've found stockinette is perfect for times like these.

Ripple

This pattern is just a big stockinette rectangle. I had the yarn in my stash, more than is required (I used five balls, or 1100 yards) so I cast on 100 stitches. If I were to do it again, I might cast on even more - the rolling nature of stockinette means that it's not as wide as I'd like.

Morehouse Merino Lace yarn

Given my desire to have it wider and the fact that I still have one ball of yarn left, I'm actually considering turning it into a L-shaped shawl. I'd do this by shortening what I have now, picking up stitches along one edge, and adding another rectangle at a right angle. This would be some more good grad school knitting. But I've got a few things on the needles to finish up first.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Laura, this is beautiful as it is! ...i love the colour and texture, i even like the slight curling at the edges... hmmm, maybe i need one for myself!?

emma
x

Katie said...

just came across your blog, pretty scarf your making