Monday, May 12, 2008

Cast On: Icy Shetland Triangle

I've cast on another shawl, a second Shetland Triangle. I'm calling this one the "Icy Shetland Triangle" because of the icy blue color:



Pattern: Shetland Triangle by Evelyn A. Clark
Yarn: Sundara Sock Yarn in Blue Sky over Sugared Violet
Needles: US size 6



The yarn is like buttah. I'm so knitting lace with the other Sundara Sock Yarn skeins I've collected as part of her Seasons Club. A cowl, a scarf, a shawl for someone more petite than I?

I started this shawl as part of a Shetland Triangle Knitalong group on Ravelry. I am totally not keeping with the other knitters, though, because this makes the fourth shawl I've got on the needles right now. (It's really not my style to have so many projects OTN at the same time, especially so many similar projects. I do enjoy the process of knitting, but I'm enough of a product knitter that a lot of knitting without a finished object makes me ancy.) I have a deadline to get this one finished, though, so I used the KAL as an excuse to cast it on.