Wednesday, April 9, 2008

The Great Feather & Fan Shawl Project of 2008

At least that's what I'm calling it in my head, since it's still in the planning stage. Planning and stashing.

Several months ago, my breath was completely taken away by Hello Yarn's absolutely gorgeous feather and fan shawl knit from her own handspun. The details of the handspun yarn rippling through the lace pattern are really breathtaking. I think it was this shawl that convinced me I need to spin.

Of course, I haven't actually learned to spin yet. But I have been picking up some handspun yarn. First, there was my purchase of Sock Hop Yarn at Madrona:


Sock Hop Yarn in "You Babe," "Love Me Tender," and "A Hard Day's Night" colorways

And then Crown Mountain Farms had an update last week. So I ordered some more:


Sock Hop Yarn in "In The Skies," "We Are The Champions," and "San Francisco" colorways

Here's another pic of the new yarn:


What do you think? Is it a winning combination worthy of The Great Feather and Fan Shawl Project of 2008?

No comments: