Monday, June 25, 2007

First Hat Mojo

The Yarn Harlot likes to talk about First Sock Mojo. I haven't knit socks yet, but I think first hat mojo must be something pretty special too.

After I knit all those bibs, I had a tidy little pile of leftover yarns.



So, I sat down, and knit a hat in the round.



Pattern: Umbilical Cord Hat by Jennifer L. Jones in Debbie Stoller's Stitch and Bitch.
Yarn: Crystal Palace Yarns "Bunny Hop" - 50% microacrylic, 42% micronylon, 8% rabbit angora
Needles: Clover Bamboo US size 7


This hat also went to the baby boy who is due in two to three weeks.

I have to confess that I got a bit tired of it as I knit. The yarn I chose was a little finer than the recommended yarn, which meant more stitches. Plus all those DPNs going every which way! But, as soon as it was finished, I was so delighted that I immediately cast on one for my sweetie. I think I'm sold on the beauty of hats now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is so pretty!