Sunday, June 10, 2007

Noro

Let me wax poetic about the skein of Noro Kochoran, color #1, that I purchased:


50% Wool, 20% Silk, 30% Angora


soft and gorgeous


look at all those lovely fibers


I was actually trying to get something more colorful than my usual neutral grays and browns... and somehow, I ended up with what it quite possibly the most neutral colored skein of Noro in the world. Still, pretty.

I bought it intending to make an Fan and Feather (Old Shale) scarf. I wound up a ball and cast on and knit several rows. It would be a dream to have around the neck, but the yarn is bulky enough that the scarf was too wide. I also realized that I'd probably seriously underestimated the amount of yarn I'd need too - one skein for a whole scarf? So I frogged it.

What would you do with one skein of Noro Kochoran? (Note: buying more yarn in a similar or different color is an option, but I'm not wanting to make a sweater or other large or fitted garment.)

No comments: